Terms & Conditions
1. Door Deliveries will be made to places where government authority is allowing to deliver.
Note: Door Deliveries to Quarantine Zones and Restricted Zones will not be made
2. Door Deliveries will be made only between 9AM and 1PM
The term ‘SVS’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website, Sri Venkateshwara Sweets, whose registered contact address is Sri Venkateshwara Sweets, No.313 & 315, Bharathi Street, Pondicherry 605001, INDIA. The TIN is 34570010189. The term ‘you’ refers to the ‘user’, ‘visitor’ or ‘viewer’ of our website who has viewed, read, understood and accepted the following terms and conditions. Our services are very diverse; so sometimes additional terms/requirements (such as age requirements) may apply. Additional terms will be available with the relevant services, and those additional terms become part of your agreement with us if you use those services.
USING THE WEBSITE
- To access or use the site, you must be 18 years or older and must be otherwise competent to agree to these terms. You are not allowed to access or use our website if you are a competitor of ours and/or if we have previously banned you from the website and/or we have closed your account and/or if you are using/planning to use our website, directly or indirectly, for any illegal activity.
- We grant you permission to use the website subject to the restrictions in these terms. Your use of the site is at your own risk, including the risk that you might be exposed to content that may be inaccurate, objectionable, or otherwise inappropriate.
- The website may be modified, updated, interrupted, suspended or discontinued at any time without giving prior notice and without us incurring any liability.
- If you have a registered account, you will safeguard your account information and will supervise and be completely responsible for all uses of your account including use by anyone other than you. For doing the same, we will assist you in every manner possible and feasible for us.
- You agree to the use of data owned by SVS (as available on the website or through any other means like social media sharing etc.) only for personal purposes and not for any commercial use unless permitted by us, in writing.
- Our website allows you to upload, submit, store, send or receive content. You alone are responsible for the content on our website uploaded, stored, sent to, published, advertised, submitted etc. by you (“Your Content”), and once published, your content cannot always be withdrawn. You assume all risks associated with your content, including anyone’s reliance on its quality, accuracy, details, reliability and/or any disclosure by you of information in your content that makes you personally identifiable. You represent that you own, or have the necessary permissions to use and authorize the use of your content as described herein. You shall not imply that your content is in any way sponsored or endorsed by SVS.
- When you upload, submit, store, send to or receive content through your use of our services, you give SVS (and those we work with), a worldwide license to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works (such as those resulting from translations, adaptations or other changes we make so that your content works better with our website), communicate, publish, publicly display, filter, flag, distribute and/or remove such content. The rights you grant in this license are for the limited purpose of operating, promoting, and improving our services, and developing new ones. This license may continue even if you stop using our services (for example, for a business listing you have added to SVS). Some services of SVS may offer you ways to access and remove content that has been provided for that service. Also, in some of our services, there are terms or settings that narrow the scope of our use of the content submitted in those services. You irrevocably waive and cause to be waived, any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to your content against SVS and its users/customers.
- You may expose yourself to liability if, for example, Your content contains material that is false, intentionally misleading, defamatory; violates any third-party right including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right; contains material that is unlawful, including illegal hate speech, pornography etc.; exploits or otherwise harms minors/any other person; or violates or advocates the violation of any central, state and/or international laws, rules and/or regulations.
PROHIBITED USES OF THE WEBSITE
- The content and information on the website (including, but not limited to, price and availability of products/facilities), as well as the infrastructure used to provide such content and information, is the property of SVS, intended for use by us, our partners, delivery agencies, vendors and business associates. While you may make limited copies of your bookings, itinerary (and related documents) for services booked through the website, you agree not to otherwise modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, sell or re-sell any information, software, products, or services obtained from or through the website. Additionally, you agree to the following:
- You agree to keep your submission of details relevant to SVS. Accounts making any speculative, false, or fraudulent reservation/booking requests and placing irrelevant, inappropriate, or promotional content that solicit customers, or spam, may be deleted without notice OR if posted on social media then legal action shall be initiated;
- SVS reserves the right to determine if the website is being misused for any reason, without prior notification. Users agree to comply with these policies at all times. For example, users will not interfere with our services or try to access them using a method other than the interface and the instructions that we provide. Users will not use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other automated device, process or means to access, retrieve, scrape, or index any portion of the website. You may use our website only as permitted by law. We may suspend or stop providing our online services to you if you do not comply with our terms or policies or if we are investigating suspected misconduct.
- You shall not reformat, modify, adapt, appropriate, reproduce, distribute, translate, create derivative works or adaptations of, publicly display, sell, trade, or in any way exploit the website or website content (other than your content), except as expressly authorized by SVS.
- If you are writing a review on social media or rating our partners/vendors/business associates, do so based on facts and your own experiences (not a friend’s or anyone else’s). Please don’t exaggerate or falsify your experience. We do not take sides in cases of dispute, so please substantiate your claim with actual proofs where possible. If content posted indicates that reviewer intend to defame us or our partners or falsify their claim, it will be actionable. For example, reviews/comments which mention, “I’ve never ordered from here and never want to go down that lane because of the horrible products/horrible service!” are obviously deceptive, fake, misleading and not based on the reviewers experience and will be removed. Accepting or soliciting a consideration – monetary or otherwise – in exchange for reviews or photographs is also not acceptable, and could result in removal of your account with us and comprehensive legal action, civil as well as criminal, against you.
- Foul/abusive/hateful language, threats, and lewdness in your content will not be tolerated. We hate junk and will delete it whenever we see it and wherever possible. This also includes, but is not limited to, derogatory comments on based on personal traits (e.g. race, gender, community, religion, color etc.) or indication of a personal vendetta against a business associate/partner/vendor and its associates. Please refrain from using inappropriate names, biography, data and/or images in your account/profile. We want to stay clean, and we might end up removing your account depending on how inappropriate your profile is. Moreover you agree to indemnify and keep indemnified SVS, its Directors, staff, agents, clients, etc. against any loss which may be caused to or suffered by SVS because of any action initiated against you or because of your posts.
- Reverse engineering the website or any portion of the website is strictly prohibited.
- We take the privacy of our associates, partners and customers very seriously. You are not permitted to record, process, or mine information about other users/ account holders of SVS through any platform or process.
- Accessing, retrieving or indexing any portion of the website for purposes of constructing or populating a searchable database of business reviews, for soliciting our website users/ partners/ vendors/ business associates, for mirroring such information into other websites and/or for any other purpose is prohibited.
- Do not take any action that imposes, or may impose, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on SVS technology, infrastructure or otherwise make excessive traffic demands of the website.
- You are strictly prohibited from gaining or attempting to gain unauthorized access to the website, user accounts, accounts of customers/ partners/ vendors/ business associates, computer systems or networks connected to the website through hacking, password mining and/or any other means. You are also not allowed to use the website or any website content to transmit any computer viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses or other items that may destroy/harm/erase/hack/affect in any other manner the website and/or any of its contents. Do not use the website to violate the security of any computer network, crack passwords or security encryption codes; disrupt or interfere with the security of, or otherwise cause harm to, the website or its content.
- Please do not use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the website, or otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the website. Any action that endangers the proper functioning of our website and causes any inconvenience to our customers will be actionable.
- Do not post any material or content that infringes, misappropriates or violates any copyright, trademark, patent right or other property right of any third-party.
- SVS owns a website and a mobile application with no claims to be a court of law or a ministry of health. If you have any disputes with our vendors/business associates or if you feel they do not measure up to health codes/service standards, we encourage you to contact the appropriate authorities directly. SVS is not the appropriate platform for reporting illegal activities, physical confrontations and health code violations. We encourage you to report such accusations/complaints to the concerned authorities rather than being mentioned in reviews. Still going out of the way for our customers we offer customer care as a platform where concerns can be raised by and grievances can be aired with an aim towards resolution. In all these actions, SVS will serve as a mere facilitator.
- You shall be solely liable for any damages resulting from any violation of the forgoing restrictions, or any other harm resulting from your posting of content to the website/any media.
- SVS or affiliates does not employ any person or group of persons to review our website or products. If any person identifies himself/herself as an official blogger, employee, or associate of SVS, it is an attempt at misrepresentation. Staff members of SVS are contractually and ethically forbidden from using their status to do such acts. If you observe any such practice, report it to email@example.com and appropriate action will be taken against such person if evidence can be provided.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change from time to time without notice. It shall be your responsibility to check the terms and conditions for updates before placing any order/s or using the website.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without SVS’s prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the Dispute Resolution Policy.
- “We as a facilitator, hereby disclaim any liability and declare that we shall be under no liability whatsoever in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly out of the decline of authorization for any Transaction, on account of the cardholder having exceeded the pre-set limit mutually agreed by us with our acquiring bank from time to time”.
CONDITIONS RELATING TO THE SALE OF PRODUCTS TO YOU
This section deals with conditions relating to the sale of products displayed on the website to you.
- Your order is an offer to us to buy the product(s) in your order. When you place an order to purchase a product listed on the website, you will receive an e-mail confirming receipt of your order and containing the details of your order (the “Order Confirmation E-mail”). The Order Confirmation E-mail is acknowledgement that we have received your order, and does not confirm acceptance of your offer to buy the product(s) ordered. We only accept your offer, and conclude the contract of sale for a product ordered by you, when the product is dispatched to you and an e-mail confirmation is sent to you that the product has been dispatched to you (the “Dispatch Confirmation E-mail”). If your order is dispatched in more than one package, you may receive a separate Dispatch Confirmation E-mails for each package, and each Dispatch Confirmation E-mail and corresponding dispatch will conclude a separate contract of sale between you and SVS for the product(s) specified in that Dispatch Confirmation E-mail.
- Transaction SMS may be sent to registered mobile numbers for order confirmation and order status of order placed on the website.
- Your contract is with SVS and you confirm that the product(s) ordered by you are purchased for your internal / personal purpose and not for re-sale. You authorize us to declare and provide declaration to any governmental authority on your behalf stating the aforesaid purpose of the products ordered by you on the website.
- You can cancel your order for a product at no cost any time before we send the ‘Order Placed’ e-mail relating to that product. ‘Order placed’ status would mean that your order has been placed with SVS, hence cannot be cancelled.
- Please note that we sell products only in quantities which correspond to the typical needs of an average household. This applies both to the number of products ordered within a single order and the placing of several orders for the same product where the individual orders comprise a quantity typical for a normal household.
Pricing and Availability
- We list availability information for products sold through the website, including on each product information page. Beyond what we say on that page or otherwise on the website, we cannot be more specific about availability. Please note that dispatch emails and values mentioned therein are estimates and not absolute values. They are not guaranteed dispatch times and should not be relied upon as such. As we process your order, you will be informed by e-mail if any products you order turn out to be unavailable for some reason. If a cancellation request is received within 12 hours a full refund for the value of the products cancelled will be processed with 7-10 working days from acceptance of your claim. If no communication is received, it shall be presumed that the product can be dispatched as soon as it becomes available. We will accordingly send you a dispatch mail. If the delivery is refused at the time of delivery or a cancellation request is received after 12 hours from our original e-mail notification, you will be entitled to receive only 50% refund of the total amount paid by you.
- Please be informed that SVS is NOT responsible for any product going out of stock at any point of time whether so updated on the website or not.
Nature and Quality of Products
- Products listed on the website are selected based on customer recommendations, suggestions from our partners/affiliates or our own research. SVS ensures that the products sold through the website are quality certified and are manufactured through quality processes and expert workforce.
- Any complaints or grievances regarding quality of a product whose delivery has been executed and accepted as per the website sale and order policy must be raised within 24 hours receipt of the product delivery, through e-mail or phone to our Customer Support number listed on the website. SVS will have full discretion to determine the validity of such a complaint and the nature of its resolution (refund, replacement, etc.). SVS will be free to determine the genuine nature of claims and hence reserves the right to reject any claims.
- You shall be responsible for payment of all fees/costs/charges associated with the purchase of products from us and you agree to bear any and all applicable taxes/ GST, etc. levied thereon.
Alteration or Amendments to the Conditions
We reserve the right to make changes to our policies, and these Conditions at any time. You will be subject to the policies and Conditions in force at the time you place an order through our website, unless any change to those policies or these conditions is required to be made by law or government authority (in which case it will apply mutatis mutandis to the orders previously placed by you). If any of these conditions is deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition.
Change in Delivery Address
Requests to change address received by e-mail and/or telephone will only be allowed until such time as the product/products are not dispatched. If your order is processed, the delivery location/address cannot be changed or cancelled. Please verify the address on the order confirmation e-mail that is sent to your registered e-mail address confirming receipt of your order with us and contact us immediately if there is a discrepancy in the delivery address details.